5.10.2010

DIY Wine Crate Herb Garden

Wine crates can make amazing accents to any home, whether using them as planters, stacking them to create a side table, or utilizing them for storage. I obtained a few recently and have been wondering what to do with them. I've seen some absolutely amazing projects involving wine crates, including shelving, a dog bowl, and more, but I opted to soak in the sunshine by creating a mini herb garden. This project is not only super cute, but it is really cheap! I probably spent less than $30. Plus, this is great for city dwellers, too.

You will need potting soil, a wine crate, and six to eight of your favorite herbs. I picked cilantro, basil, mint, rosemary, flat parsley, and lemon thyme.


Drill six to eight holes in the bottom (depending on the size) for drainage.


Fill with dirt and place herbs. I got lucky because my wine crate was sectioned, which made for easy placement.



Viola - a wine crate herb garden!

No comments: